Senior WordPress/PhP Developer
My client is looking for an experienced Development Lead to join their team working out of their beautiful offices based in South Kensington in the heart of London. You will be reporting to the Head of Development and working on multiple exciting projects as well as owning their website and developing the back and front end and creating WordPress themes and plugins.
The ideal person for this role will be passionate about everything cloud and digital transformation with some experience in working on a cloud based hosted platform like AWS; a person with a methodical approach and the ability to translate the most complex technical requirements to all levels of the business.
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin.
- Capable of understanding and contributing to the technical solution from design through to code level
- Working closely with Development Managers and Business Analysts to produce accurate delivery estimates and manage the transition from analysis through to design and delivery
- Define delivery phases of the project including activities, sub-activities, and milestones ensuring these are documented and used as the basis for the project event log, issues and risk log and any subsequent reporting
- Participate in reviews and meetings and provide updates on project progress.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that risks and issues are identified and managed closely and drive all stakeholders to deliver on time and to the required quality standards
Essential skills and experience:
- Considerable experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Some experience working as Development Lead, Technical Lead, Technical Manager, Technical Architect. Solution Architect or Development Manager
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks like Yii, Laravel, etc.
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Knowledge of working with the RESTful APIs
- Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
- Ability to work using Agile methodologies.
This is an extremely versatile and exciting position that is offering a very competitive base salary with bonus on top as well as a very appealing benefits package for the right person.
Click below to apply or select 'Consultant Details +' to explore more vacancies from Nathan Keighley
Our consultants individually take responsibility for each of the unique financial sectors in which we operate. It's our belief that by focusing people on specific business areas and niche technologies, they are able to become experts, embedded within the sector communities - with the ability to become authentic specialists. You are more than data and keywords on a CV, and our recruiters are more than job spec translators.
Keep up-to-date with this and similar vacancies by sharing your CV with Nathan.