Front Office Java Developer – Contract
The firm is a Large International Banking organisation, a leading provider of Capital Market products with an impressive global footprint.
They require a person with a strong background in the financial services field with strong communication skills and the ability to partner with cross-functional teams. You will be working in a regional distributed development team, providing technical and business driven solutions.
Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. You will be involved in the full development life cycle of changes from analysis and design through to implementation and third line support.
The ideal person for this role will be confident in building bespoke pricing and trading platforms, as well as distribution of market data to external clients. You will have strong knowledge of multi-threaded and concurrent Java development as well as a good understanding of JVM internals, particularly Java garbage collection. You should be proactive and a good team player and initiator.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Core Java 7 & 8 on Linux
- 6-7+ years of recent server-side Java experience
- 2 years + experience working on low latency application
- Good database knowledge (Sybase,SQL Server)
- Some exposure to Front office Risk and P&L systems
- Distributed multi node application architecture
- Unit testing and mocking, particularly Junit, selenium and cucumber
- Experience of git, maven, jenkins, ansible
- Linux usage for development and operation
- Middleware cache system memcahed, redis, couchbase etc
Click below to apply or select 'Consultant Details +' to explore more vacancies from Holly Ferns.
Our consultants individually take responsibility for each of the unique financial sectors in which we operate. It's our belief that by focusing people on specific business areas and niche technologies, they are able to become experts, embedded within the sector communities - with the ability to become authentic specialists. You are more than data and keywords on a CV, and our recruiters are more than job spec translators.
Keep up-to-date with this and similar vacancies by sharing your CV with Holly.