Production Support Engineer – Hedge Fund
Caspian One are working with a Global Hedge Fund & Asset Manager who are growing their presence in the UK and looking for the best front office talent.
My client requires a support engineer to join their rapidly expanding production support group based in the heart of London. This team are responsible for maintaining a number of in-house built systems and work in collaboration with a variety of IT and business specialists across the fund including developers, QA testers, operations and traders.
The role involves managing and supporting the trade capture and downstream risk flows, co-ordinating with internal applications, infrastructure owners and tech support to ensure applications are correctly installed, configured and tested. You will be primarily responsible for providing Level 2 and 3 technical support and be a part of the global support team. You will take ownership over the production environment including management of the infrastructure, planning and deployment and BCP Testing.
Ideally you will have familiarity with, and be a proponent of, the SDLC process. There is huge scope to this role as the head of IT looks to upgrade a number of trading systems and requires an individual to take ownership and improve the trade capture process.
- Assist with automating processes to achieve efficiency and streamlined trade support
- Attempt to solve as many issues as possible, escalate issues in a timely manner to application and / or infrastructure subject matter experts when appropriate. Manage communications to the trading staff and internal stakeholders regarding issue/resolution.
- Incident & Change management
- Document and create new knowledge base to provide the most effective solutions to trading issues
- Liaise with development and infrastructure teams, prioritize tool enhancements, and coordinate and participate in software/new version releases.
- Uplift environment management tools to reduce risk and streamline efficiency of Level 1 Support team.
- Experience supporting an enterprise environment in the financial industry
- Excellent scripting skills (Python, Perl, Unix shell, etc.)
- Excellent SQL skills and knowledge of various database systems
- Ability to support Unix/Linux environments
- Able to work in a fast-paced global team, both as individual contributor and project lead.
- Strong analytics skills, with ability to proactively identify issues before they become major problems.
- Detail oriented, demonstrating thoroughness and strong ownership of work
- Quick learner with a demonstrated strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them
- Ability to support IBM Websphere MQ a plus
- Some knowledge of KDB a plus
Click below to apply or select 'Consultant Details +' to explore more vacancies from Ben Dowdle.
Our consultants individually take responsibility for each of the unique financial sectors in which we operate. It's our belief that by focusing people on specific business areas and niche technologies, they are able to become experts, embedded within the sector communities - with the ability to become authentic specialists. You are more than data and keywords on a CV, and our recruiters are more than job spec translators.
Keep up-to-date with this and similar vacancies by sharing your CV with Ben.